Saturday 14 July 2018

Connections with mum


I'm taking a little piece
Of your love; dear mum
Taking memories we made
Adding my little effort too
To keep your memory alive 
Here inside my hurting heart 
I think of you; keeping you; a part
Of all of this; continuing life...
Incorporating your love 
Into: this new blanket; new warmth 
Creating something; with you 
Together; we create warmth; love...
I'll pass it on to someone who
Will appreciate your love; your life 
Someone; who maybe knew you too...
This new piece of love and warmth 
I dedicate to you...
I miss you...
I held the wool within my hands
Gently touched those fibres
Felt your essence there...
Your life energy passed on to me
Your only daughter...
In me; you live on
In my children; grandchildren
Your love survives...
14 July 2017




No comments:

Post a Comment