Tuesday 3 July 2018

Circuit walking track at Beacon 19

Walked from the Goolwa Barrages
To the beach; 6-7 kilometres
We walked along the coast line
Enjoying the beautiful sunshine
The fresh air and the fauna too!

Beacon 19
We set out along the walking trail
My darling mate and me
Right there in the wilderness
Between the Lower Murray
And the great Southern Sea
The trail ran out in a little while
The tide was truly encroaching;
Coming in...
So we walked in a little further
Climbing dunes...
Moving grasses; covered in
Soon it became rough going
Uphill and down dale we passed
Seeing the Mouth of the Murray River
Still so far away as I could see
The wide River Murray estuary
Too far to make it on that day
We turned around to head for home
Deciding to return another day
My darling mate and me...

12th April 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment