Friday 12 October 2012

Confessions of a little girl

It's taken me many long years 
To open up my heart and let my Lord inside
I guess I was still that little girl
Trying to hide all my hurt inside!
I've finally got up the courage
To tell my tale at last!
Instead of letting it lay buried
Along with all my other stupid past!
My cousin didn't physically hurt me
But he did make me feel ashamed
He touched me and did things
That caused me to change; back then
Though I was but a little child
It made me dirty; different; from then on!
Told my mum and dad last year
Finally confessed and let it out!
Dad said: "What do you want me to do?"
My mum said "Why didn't you tell me?"
How could I answer them at all?
How does a 5 year old
(I think that's when it was.)
Tell her folks and explain it all
When she doesn't even understand!
How does she ask for help?
When she doesn't know how to ask?
How does she let it go?
How not to let it hide deep inside?
And like a cancer; let it grow?
That deep shame that doesn't fade
But lingers on and on!
Like a tattoo etched so deep!
Inside: where it coils; like a sleeping snake!

No comments:

Post a Comment