Tuesday 23 October 2012

Save our bees

I put a cork into the dog's water dishes
To save those thirsty bees when they fall in
I fill those pots up regularly
In case the Roos get thirsty too!
The Willy Wagtail comes around
To have a little drink but
He he doesn't trust those cats
He goes to another dish for his sip of drink!
He's too smart for those cats; don't you think?
He perches on the bucket's edge
He jumps around and looks about; many times
Before he gives in to his thirst
Then he does it all again; before another sip!
I've seen him do his dance along the bucket's lip!
Today is warm and sunny; lots of bees about
I went to have a quick look
Found lots of bees in the drink!
I put my fingers in to give them a boost out
But I did it way too quick:
You could have heard me shout!
I got a stinger; in my finger!
Boy did it sting! Raced inside to fix it up
With raw onion's juice; soothing; easing it
Nature's way of helping out; if you know the drill?
Now it feels a little stiff; if you get my drift?
Almost like the numbness of a severed nerve!
At least it will improve!
I'm sorry little bee; I didn't mean to make you sting!
I only wanted to help a bit; not to make you die!
Four other bees are flying now; up in the deep blue sky!





No comments:

Post a Comment