Tuesday 23 October 2012

My Lord's Love is Light


Love is light, love is power
I have the love of my dear Lord
His love is my power!
I keep my body as His Temple
I keep my Lord's home pure and clean
What I put into this body
Changes how I think and feel; all right!
What I allow my mind to think
Changes how my body feels
My positive reactions
To all that happens daily
Keeps me spiritually strong and sure
My Lord's influence keeps me pure!
Dear Jesus; Light of all the world
Has freed me from my burdens
His yoke is easy; my burden is light
His rules and regulations
The Ten Commandments
Are a guide unto my feet and heart
They are not there to make it harder
They are given with such love; insight!
He knows before I do it
He knows how I will feel
He shows me how to react
He shows me how to be!
He knows I'll feel bad if I take
Something that's not mine to have
He understands my workings
He instrumented the blueprint
From His divine plan!
So why shouldn't He give us the guide book?
The workings of the man
To be used to guide and forgive me
Should I wander from His plan?
That is what these guidelines are!
They are the technical workings 
Of all of me and my fellow man
Given by the manufacturer
Given to be used for our upkeep
For our servicing and care!
Given by my Maker
Given with great love
To keep me working stronger
As I tread the path ever upward
Toward my greatest goal!
Thank you Lord for being my guide
Thank you Lord for loving me
Thank you Lord for saving my life
Thank you Lord for giving life
Where before there was nothing
From ashes I was born
Like the phoenix arising
From the dust of yesterday's morn
Oh Lord; You are my guiding light
Oh Lord; You are my all!
I long to be bathed with Thy grace
I long to see Thy loving face
But knowing this: I would never be
Able to see Thy countenance!
In the brightness of Thy light and power
I would be as dust again; right there!
For You; Lord know!
More than I could ever learn
Yet still I long to see You!
Long to be; beside Thy feet
Forever; like a little child
Looking up at Thy dear face: eternally!






No comments:

Post a Comment