Tuesday 9 October 2012

I don't understand you (7/6/12)

No; I don't understand you!
I don't know who you are! 
You used to love me
You said you'd never change
You said you'd love me still
What happened to our love?
What happened to the man I knew?
Who is this stranger that I see?
What is he saying to me?
How can he be so cruel? 
How can he be so mean?
Where is the man I married?
All those years ago?
What happened to our love?
How come now? 
There is a stranger that I see!
Not the man he used to be!

Sin enters like a pin prick
Spreads like roots of oak
It never seems so bad
Just like a silly joke
Yet sin weaves its wiles
It cozens and en-cloaks
Finally it squeezes
You can't feel it till it chokes

Dear Lord I need your help 
He's lost and so alone
He's not even safe here
In our house; our home!
All the stuff around him
The telly and the smokes
Enters; grasps; hardens
His arteries; his mind; his soul!
He doesn't even realize
He doesn't even care
He thinks he's safe
But Lord; he's so unaware!
The evil tide that enters
So deep within his heart
Soon it will be too late
We'll ever be apart!

Though I pray for you 
I see you under thrall
You listen to that monster
On your shoulder as it sits
You rant and yell at me!
I pray for you my darling
For I know you're not yourself
I see within your eyes
A hardness; like a coiled snake!
A serpent hides inside you
Another rules your mind
Your heart is getting harder
Your soul tries to escape
Yet the darkness just gets deeper
As you struggle in its wake!

My dear Lord is stronger
He; dear Lord is wise
He knows how evil enters
He knows how evil ends
My prayers must be longer
My thoughts must escalate
I need reinforcements
Dear angels, we must work harder
Before he strangulates!

I should be afraid
My heart does pound anon
But my Lord is always with me
He; my dear one; is stronger
While my dear Lord is within me
While my dear Lord reigns inside
I will not be afraid; love
I will not back down again!

My dear Lord is my saviour
My dear Lord rules the universe
His name; my one prayer
His name; on my lips all night
Never will He surrender
Never well He give up the fight!

He fights for all who love Him!
He fights for all who faint!
Never will we lose hope
While my dear Lord holds the gate!

Dear Jesus; mighty warrior
Dear Jesus; powerful Lord
Your loving word protects me
Your angels by my side
Never will I give up
While you; inside this heart; reside!





No comments:

Post a Comment