Wednesday 24 October 2012

Shane; cat in a bucket

Shane was a big ginger cat
He was soft and fluffy for all that 
He was cuddly and cute but
A real manly cat to boot!
We lost him one day
Thought he'd gone away
You know; looking for a mate!
We searched everywhere
We looked high and low
Couldn't find Shane at all!

One day I looked down in the cellar
It was hot; sunny summer weather
Snakes were about; you know their traits
Hiding anywhere in a cool hollow!
I called my honey to help me
As I heard a strange sort of noise
The bucket was moving; all wobbly!
Tim went up to it; kicked that bucket!
And it went sliding away; to the wall there!
And out of it shot some thing; Shane the Rocket cat
He was named after that for certain!
As he screamed up the air-conditioning duct
Disappeared form sight; in a second!

Now I was stuck with a problem!
What to do? How to get that cat down?
From out of our new ceiling?
Cut a hole through the new insulation
Called him a lot: he answered; thank God!
But would not come to me when I called him!
Then up I climbed on the ladder
Balancing there; seemed like forever!
I called and called
But that bloody cat wouldn't come
No matter how sweet I cajoled him!

Then I remembered a trick
Said to work in a trice:
I imagined that cat coming closer!
In my mind I envisioned poor Shane
Coming nearer and nearer again!
It took quite a while; but I saved him in style!
As he came just as I envisioned!

We set him free at last; cleaned up the mess
And just continued living!






No comments:

Post a Comment