Sunday 14 October 2012

Ode to Diana Gabaldon

How do I thank thee; Diana of Gabaldon?
Let me count the ways!
I must thank you; again and again
For bringing mirth and chuckles by the ton
Your stories bring me to tears
They play upon my fears
They make me giggle; gloriously!
Sometimes even make me shout; with glee!
Dear Claire and Jamie; so complete
Such an awesome couple; so sweet!
The way they have to meet and then
They have to go away again!
I've read their story; several times; at least!
When I'm feeling down; I pick them up again
This must be: about the fourth time, you see
That I've found no better reading!
Then you know as well as I do
It won't be the last time!
No matter where I put it down
It's never with a frown!
I always marvel at how; you do; your characters endow!
I look forward to laughing out loud!
Trying not to be a gloomy cloud around my family
When times have made me feel so sad
I pick them up and find that I'm
Enjoying their company; even when they're bad!
I giggle and guffaw; I can't stifle any more
It's bursting from inside!
I find my mouth grinning wide!
As I imagine how; Claire and Jamie row!
So naturally and so neat; without even missing a beat
I am smiling and reading faster; as I go
I want to make it last longer!
I love the way they show how utterly complete
They are together; once they meet!
Your descriptions of their history
Will never be a mystery because you have made
Everything in every shade
So real and so alive; not any bit contrived!
I love the way her hair just curls up everywhere
So normal and so real!
Everything she feels; her little outbursts of words
Though hard to take; at first
Sit funnily and when she's angrier and then
Out it bursts again!
Jamie; so big and tall and strong
Just the perfect gentleman!
He loves with all his heart; right from the very start
His land is "all" to him
So hard to leave behind; but in the end it shows
How strong and good love grows
He is a farmer and a lord
Those two are never bored!
I've finished Cross Stitch, 
Dragonfly in Amber is done too!
Voyager my favourite; is tossed aside
After that bumpy ride; I'm halfway into the next
Drums of Autumn says the text
Can't wait to finish this!

Then it's on to The Fiery Cross
How many words you've written? 
How many words I've read
I've read them all and then read them all over again!

Can't wait for Bree and Rog to arrive
We're at that part right now
Their storm tossed ship did meet
With the shores of old USA
Can't write more; I have to read!
But I am looking forward to
A Breath of Snow and Ashes
And then An Echo in the Bone!






No comments:

Post a Comment