Wednesday 19 September 2012

Little Girl

When I was just a little girl
I wanted so much from the world
I wanted friends and love and peace
And maybe just a little bit of release
I was so full of dreams back then
I didn't know boys from men
Then my life was turned upside down
By a fate that took me down
Unhappiness was then my mate
Sadness was to be my fate

Now as I look back on my life
I see the truth amid all the strife
It wasn't me who did the wrong
I was just a little girl, you see
It was some-one else who was using me
I was misled along that way
Found myself going far astray
And now as I look back
I see how my dear Lord 
Was there with me all along!

Now He is living in my heart
Keeping me strong!
We'll never part!
Doesn't matter where I went
Doesn't matter what I did
All that matters now is that I
Have been redeemed
By His wonderful love
My precious Lord:
Heaven sent!

No comments:

Post a Comment