Sunday 9 September 2012

Autumn in Angaston

I found myself down by the creek
Beneath a sun-kissed sky
If you asked what led me there?
I couldn't really tell you how or why?
I found my feet taking a well-used path
Along the creek-bed down below
Been there lots of times
Over many long, long years
And now today I'm here again
Chasing hopes and dreams!
'Tis the solitude that draws me
The peace among the greenery
Though not far from anywhere
It draws me for its scenery!
Here I can renew my soul
Here, a little wilderness exists
I feel the peace and beauty
From the plant life exuding!
The trees and brush; so full of life
Bamboo canes and brambles too
A profusion of twisting vines and leaves
Beneath the shady boughs of trees
Growing along this winding creek!
Everything is enchanting here
As I walk a little while!
Someone's made a little bridge
Across the tiny stream
Bamboo canes recruited here
To cross over the mud!
Last time I found wild green mint
None growing here today
But there are brambles thick and strong
Covered with long thorns
The only colours that I see
Are myriad shades of brown and green!
And now, the bright red blood
As it drips from my fingertip!
The thorns try to hold me back
As do the tangled vines!




No comments:

Post a Comment