Tuesday 18 September 2012

Things

Never had much as a kid
Never really cared that much right then
But as the years have passed along
I've found myself in trouble; deep!
As I tried to compensate for the things I'd missed

By buying stuff I didn't need
Just because it was really cheap!
I stacked my cupboards full of junk
And told myself; " I might need it soon!"
I thought I'd gotten over my traumatic early life
But later found myself in deeper strife!
Things don't buy you love or anything!
They just complicate everything!
The extra tasks of cleaning up
Become a chore that no-one wants; or needs!
And the mess becomes like a cavern; deep!
You can't escape; it won't let you sleep
You try to hide behind your things
But happiness from these; does not spring!
The only thing that really helps
Is tossing out that useless stuff!
The extra baggage you've taken on
The heaps of toil that drives you mad!
And all because you compensate
For all those times life let you down!
When finally you realize
That it's not "Things" you missed at all!
But love and understanding!
And having peace in your soul!
These things are what we crave!
These things are what really save!
Having someone say to you:
"I love you; as you are!"
"I need you; as you need me too!
Well done!" and "Welcome home!"
Just as our dear Lord Jesus
Will say to all who love Him so
When He comes again to take us home!




No comments:

Post a Comment