Monday 17 September 2012

Music to my ears

Listened to a lot of songs
As we always drove along
Michael Jackson, Roy Orbison!
Beatles, Bread and Abba too!
We all knew the words; sang along!

Little Michael said one day
"I want Happy Bears mummy!"
What could I say but:
"Happy Bears? Not any song I've heard!"
"Okay. Pretty Robin then!" He said!
"Oops! I don't know that one either!"

Finally, we found out; much later on!
"Happy Bears" was "I'll be there!"
By Michael Jackson
 "Pretty Robin" was "Pretty Woman"
By Roy Orbison!
He knew what he wanted
But I just didn't understand!

We went to the Royal Adelaide Show
When Michael was 2 years old
We saw "The Fab Four" performing
He loved the show and bopped along!
Singing the words to every song!

We went to the Show again the following year
He remembered them
"Hey mummy; this is where we saw
The Circus Beatles last time!"
He was so right!

We had to buy him a cassette player
For his 2nd birthday
We made him his own Beatles tape!
He took that cassette player everywhere!
Even to the sandpit!
Sorry to say: he killed a couple of Beatles tapes!

He had a little guitar; a present from 'Uncle' George
He would sit there; playing and singing to them on the telly!
So Cute!





No comments:

Post a Comment