Wednesday 12 September 2012

The Old Lion Hotel

Many long, long years ago
When I was young and lonely
I often made my way to Melbourne Street
In North Adelaide; my dearest city
The Old Lion Hotel was the place
To dance away the whole darn night
To meet your friends or make new ones!
That's what I did all those years ago!
When nearly every hotel had a great Disco!
I danced to all my favourite songs
I even tried to have some fun!
Though I was too shy to make first moves
I just stood around and waited
To find someone to dance with me
As I tapped my foot and held my drink
Hoping someone would pity me
And take me out onto that huge dance floor
Where my inhibitions would be released
And let me dance the night away!
Here I met a friend one night
We talked of his sad fate!
He'd crashed his car the other week
Now in his glass he drowned his sorrows!
We walked into the city later on
Hindley Street was the place to go
To have that coffee and a snack
At the Desert Sands coffee house
Upstairs; above the crowded street
Where we relaxed a while
Before we said goodnight



No comments:

Post a Comment