Sunday 9 September 2012

Laundromat Spat

Worked all day to wash those clothes
Too tired to think at all as day was almost done!
When She walks in; like She owns it all!
(Actually not true! The owner doesn't even act like that!)
She steps around my piles of clothes
My washing baskets, full; folded; clean!
Like it's dirty; doesn't want to soil Her shoes!
Barges in and takes the drier
Without even a word to ask at all! 
Just assumes; She has the right!
Everyone else has used their manners
But not this one; She rules her roost!
"Excuse me" I say to Her
"I wasn't finished checking those
In case they need a little more."
She picks some up like they are filth
Drops them back and looks askance
"They're dry; the drier's empty!"
I say; "I think you're a bit rude!"
She says "Don't like your attitude!
What's your name?
What's your number?"
Is that your car right there; outside?
I'll ring the owner and complain!"
Then She walks right out again
Phone in hand; to carry out Her threat!
I follow Her to ask Her name
And take Her number; just the same!
Then I'm left completely non-plussed!
What right has She to treat me thus?
What on earth is all the fuss?
Couldn't She have found some manners?
Asked a question; maybe smiled?
All it takes is common sense and
Acting like I'm a human; not a germ!
To be brushed under a mat!
I felt angry back at her for a while
Then I realised and said with a smile
"God bless you too, sweetheart!"
And left the Laundromat
And that silly little spat behind!

Remember to be nice to those who aren't
It's like heaping hot coals 
Upon their nasty heads!
Don't take on their disguise
And act like them; apologise instead!



No comments:

Post a Comment