Sunday 9 September 2012

Yesterday's tears

Yesterday, my tears did flow
Thought all was great
But then you know
Things happen; words do flow
The words just came out of me; unbidden
His anger burst; I recoiled within
This secret; I could not keep hidden!

Have I still no choices left to me?
May I not follow my heart?
And gift where I feel there is need?
Why is it that I still have no choice? 
Why is it that I must be guided by another's voice?
When will it be my time to choose?
Dear Lord, help me to be patient and kind
I only want to follow your guidance tonight!
I just need to know that I am on track
Surrounded by your love in fact!

I found a little poem on a card
These words sent directly to my heart:

Your Gift

The Lord has given you a talent
Though in some areas you may lack
There is a skill at which you excel
One thing for which you've a knack

Your gift may not be evident yet
Your ability may seem unclear
But the Lord will make it plain
Soon your gift will appear

Your talent might look unimportant
It may not bring fortune or acclaim
But if you use it wisely
God's favour will be your fame

Stay on the path you've chosen
From God's direction do not drift
In life you do not walk unarmed
For God has given you a gift!










No comments:

Post a Comment