Wednesday 12 June 2013

Country Roads with Zac

Yesterday: Zac & I took a walk
He just wanted to walk & walk
He didn't want to go back
He found a triangle-shaped rock
He saw big, big trees and 
Big, big clouds everywhere
He just kept on walking forwards
Further & further up that country road
I wanted to turn around go back but
He did not want to do that
So I just kept on going: with him
Finally he'd had enough!
We turned around & started back
We wandered slowly down
That quiet country road!
Within a few minutes he said
"Pick me up Nana!" So I did!
He's about 12 kilos now
He's almost 2 & 1/2 years old
I told him that I loved him so much
He put his little arms around 
My neck held me close 
As we walked along that road
Then he dropped his triangle
We picked it up and I said
"I'll put it in my pocket"
But no! He wanted his special stone
In his pocket: though he didn't have one!
We walked and walked for ages
My arms were getting tired
My breathing was getting heavy
My body heating up a bit
We had about 1 kilometre to walk
I had to have  a little rest
I must admit I am getting older
I must admit I am getting on
But that didn't matter
As I carried my darling grandson!

No comments:

Post a Comment