Thursday 27 June 2013

Stealing our disguise

It is all so very true
Our children are our future
They take on our disguise
As they grow up before our eyes
We see them take on our traits
They look a bit like us
They act a bit like us
Then they become just like us!
Compare a few photographs
Of our lives as we go on
The comments we hear
From friends and family
The similarities are so amazing
It's like looking in the mirror
And seeing myself as I was
All those years ago, when I was young
My fears are passed on
My joys are passed on
Everything I was then
Is staring me in the face
I understand their worries
I understand their fears
Yes I even understand their tears
But I do hope that I was maybe
Able to set them upon their path
With love and encouragement
With God's help I pray
That all will be okay!

No comments:

Post a Comment