Saturday 8 June 2013

Fainting spell

I've only ever fainted a couple of times
During my whole life; as daughter & wife
The first time was at high school
After doing a cross country run
We had an assembly after lunchtime
I'd forgotten to eat: there was no time!
I remember feeling a little dizzy as I stood there
I was feeling rather light-headed & weak
As the principal droned on & on

Suddenly I was so far away
All was quiet and still: that is until
I found myself returning into my body
Voices were so far away
Then slowly they came closer
Until I could understand those words
People saying my name: talking to me
Asking me if was all right?
I finally "came-to": I am happy to tell
And I was thankful that my lunch
Was in the canteen: waiting for me still!
Eating made me feel so much better!

Many years later I was having 
My very first child: my little girl inside
My tummy felt so huge: I was ready to pop
I did well in that labour room 
But it seemed to take for ever
Finally my little girl had arrived
After about 8 hours
The nurses told me to go and
Have a lovely warm shower
To relax my tired body after all my work
I said I didn't really want to 
But they did insist: so I went!
Just as I stood there all undressed
I felt my head spinning
I felt myself slipping: down into darkness
I just managed to push that red button
As I was going down!
I remember the nurses speaking
As if from very far away
Trying to get me back into my body
I did hear them and "came to" at last!
I guess maybe they'll listen next time
When I tell them I'm not feeling the best!




No comments:

Post a Comment