Sunday 16 June 2013

The colour purple

Why do I love the colour purple?
Why do I like to look at this hue?
I know it is a special colour
I know that only kings used to care
It is such a regal colour
It is so rich and beautiful
I love to think of purple flowers
Among beautiful green leaves
Like African Violets and Buddleia
Like fields of purple lavender
A sight to behold for everyone
Like Patterson's curse
All those beautiful puple flowers
Of that Salvation Jane plant
Growing eveywhere as weeds!
They are just unwanted herbs
God made them all for us to see
I guess we don't always understand His plans
He wants us to love what He loves
He wants us to fill our lives with love
So that we understand how much He cares
Yes: can't you see His love?
Reflected everywhere:
Beneath that glorious sunshine
Upon this precious earth of ours
All the colours of the rainbow
Reflected back at me!


No comments:

Post a Comment