Saturday 15 June 2013

Like two peas in a pod

Ever heard that saying
"Like two peas in a pod"
If you did look so very much alike?
I suppose twins would get that every day?
They would be hearing everyone say:
"Like two peas in a pod"
But really: are two peas exactly the same?
Okay: they might be green
Featureless I guess: no noses to compare
No eyes to be seen: no luscious lips
Just green roundness: same taste
Sweetness to be sure
But what more? Give me a nod?
And why is it a pod of whales?
I guess: to me: they are very alike
Same grey colour, same fins & tails
But what if comparison fails?
How could you really tell?
One great big whale from another?
Would they come for the asking?
Smile for the camera & stay still
If you could command them at will?
Lord I would ask them to smile for me!
Maybe even play some games with me?
Like hide and seek under the waves
It would not be fair I guess
They could disappear in a flash and
I would be left behind to count
I'd be no good at finding them!
Maybe a different game
Like "toss the human into the air"
I hope they wouldn't give me a scare
It would all come down to trust!
Like I trust in the Lord
He is my everything!
In heaven would I truly be
Playing games with God's creatures 
Yes that will be me!
When In heaven I find myself
When Jesus comes to take me home!








No comments:

Post a Comment