Monday 17 June 2013

The four cardinal directions

Four cardinal directions
Four ways to look at things
Four stars I asked for one night
As I hid outside for escape
It was a cold winter's night
I'd had enough of arguing
I needed to find a bit of space
Away from the tensions of my life
I was huddled up inside my quilt
Looking for answers in the skies
Praying for God's help as I cried
Praying for a sign form up above!
I asked the dear Lord for 4 shooting stars
One from each of the four directions
North, South, East and West
I asked for confirmation
That I was not alone
That I was being looked after
By some higher power!
I didn't need to wait for long
As I saw a shooting star
Dart across the skies
Then three more came soon after
One from each direction
I knew then that God was with me
As I prayed for that answer
Felt the tension leave me
Though I still felt afraid
For I do know that sometimes
We are sorely tried but we must 
Look higher for answers
To our daily trials!


No comments:

Post a Comment