Friday 7 March 2014

Crying for your sad life

What can I do but cry for your sad life?
Did you ever have anything but strife?
I guess it all depends on which way you look!
There were hints of gold throughout your grey
Among all that sadness and that strife; tiny glimpses
Yes tiny glimpses of  happy smiles
The toast with sugar that your daddy made
The bike ride that daddy took you on
(Though painful upon your poor bottom)
Some days you spent at the Peterborough hotel
Living with your uncle and aunt
Friendship you found along life's trail
The birth of our first precious child
We were happy for a little while
Our second daughter came after we lost Kaiser
He (Kaiser) was a gift from God
The birth of our darling son
So many games we played together as a family
Hide and seek and blind man's bluff
I know your early life was so tough
You lost your dad when you were only six
After that it was like you were on a downward spiral
Taken from your dearest mum
Placed into that orphanage (all right for just a while)
The boy's home took away your sunshine
You ran away time after time
Desperate to get back to your mum
What else did you have to look forward to?
O honey it makes me so sad to think on this
But was there ever any times of bliss?
Dark shadows followed where ever you trod
Sad things that took you far from God
Once you were the one to tell me true
About how the Holy Spirit worked in you
In later years the tables turned
It was me who found my gifts were spurned
I tried to explain God's love to you but
By then your poor fingers were burned
You found it difficult to come back to God
You searched for grace but could not find
Any peace where ever you looked
Though I prayed constantly for your immortal soul
That was no longer your lifelong goal
You grasped at any flimsy straws
Hoping to find some sort of ease but
As I watched your downward slide
How I tried to help halt that awful tide

No comments:

Post a Comment