Thursday 27 March 2014

Where were you?

I was worrying about everything
Stressed about what others would think
Always feeling less than perfect
Always feeling second class: treated like that
Then she called and upset me even more
Felt like I was being blamed: for everything!
I guess I've always felt like that: less that human
I cried and tried to explain but it was useless
Then I got angry: how dare she lay the blame?
What right had she to make me feel thus?
That righteous anger held me up
Where were they when he was crying?
Where were they when his heart was breaking?
Where were they for the many years gone past? 
They didn't want to know him when he lived!
They didn't want to talk of or listen to his pain!
Now what right have they to judge our family?
None whatsoever! Leave us alone to mourn!
We stood by him when he was hurting!
We wiped his tears when he cried!
We loved him all through these difficult years!
Where were you?

No comments:

Post a Comment