Monday 31 March 2014

The Quiet man

We loved to watch movies together
That's what Tim enjoyed the most
His family all together under one roof
Relaxing in that huge lounge room
In "City Slickers" Billy Crystal's character
Mentions how when he couldn't talk 
With his father: they talked "baseball"
That was what kept them communicating
During the awkward times: we all have them
Times when we bond together over difficulties
Remembering past times we had together
For us it was the "Movie game"
We would think of quotes from our favourites
The others would have to guess the movie
That's what worked for us: no matter what!
Tim and Nana loved "The Quiet Man" 
With John Wayne and Maureen O'Hara
We watched that movie many times
This week I recalled her words
"I need to have my things around me
To comfort me: to keep me happy!"
That's exactly how I felt: I needed my things
To balance me in this time of upheaval
It all feels so crazy: so surreal: so nightmarish
I just want to wake up and go back to "normal"
I just want to go home and find him sitting in his chair
Just like old times: just like normal times!

2 comments: