Saturday 1 March 2014

The black hills

I looked upon our blackened hills
Felt the sadness: took its fill
The fires of summer burnt so brightly
Taking everything within its path
Now life returns to those hills above me
All is covered with a greenness
Every living thing is God-given
Every growing thing will return
Just watch and wait; you will see them
Growing back a little stronger
Growing back just as God intended
When He designed and made us all!

"The Black Hills are the house of gold.
We watch it to get rich!"

Little Bear

Though there is no "gold" in these hills
To me they are just as precious
For I love to watch them breathing
To me they are a sight to behold!
I feel the richness of God's bounty
I see their beauty every day
Yes to me they are golden
As I watch the sunset colours play!

No comments:

Post a Comment