Sunday 23 March 2014

On the beach Victor Harbour

I sit: perched upon a rock:
Still as the stones around me
Allowing the waves to ease my mind
Feeling the warmth of the March sun
A cooling breeze upon my face
My hair gently blowing to and fro
The sounds of surf gently breaking
Granite Island to my right
Alone with my God and natural beauty
Peace re-entering my tortured mind
Surely here: alone: I can find
The peace I need: to recharge
Remembering times past
Our family holidays at Victor Harbour
The girls on the camel ride
All of us on the horse drawn tram and
Walking all around Granite Island
Steam Ranger train trip to Goolwa
The horse carriage ride around Goolwa
Staying at the holiday house for a week
Wooden floors echoing our laughter
So many good memories fill my heart
Refreshing my soul with joy instead of pain!

No comments:

Post a Comment