Monday 3 March 2014

Stormy life

When I was just a little girl 
I remember thinking about the world
Would I be pretty? Would I be smart?
Would I fall in love and marry my prince?
Would I be happy? Would I be sad? 
So many questions that little girl had!
I was never afraid of storms back then
I was a confident little child: before I went wild
Yes before I went wild in my teens: not really!
(But it does rhyme doesn't it?)

This storm and strife takes many a life
Before they've even begun: yes it is sad
That too many are bad rather than good
Well I'd rather be different: never the same
I 'd rather be someone who tried the game
Even if I never got to the very end! 
Yes I'd rather be a little bit naughty & nice
Without any real vice: yes I'd spend
My time happy not sad: enjoying life to the hilt
Without any of that guilt: yes just let me bide
By that beautiful seaside: gathering shells
I guess that would be fun: under the sun
There: as I walk along that tempestuous beach
I would dream of some far distant reach
Where my true love would dwell: under heaven not hell
Yes there I could be everything a little girl could be!

No comments:

Post a Comment