Saturday 1 March 2014

Worship

My body is my temple
Where-in my dear Lord dwells
It is to be kept holy
For here the Holy Spirit swells
Right here inside my heart: here
This is where I ask Him to come
Where ever I may wander
Where ever I may roam
We are always united: together
Right here in this simple home
I need to be close to nature
I need to feel close to my Lord
I am closer to Him whenever
I am outside in the sunshine
Feeling the earth beneath my feet
This is where I can feel Him
This is where we connect
As I surrender to my maker
I am ever welcomed home!

"The Indian loved to worship.
From birth to death he revered his surroundings.
He considered himself born in the luxurious lap
of Mother Earth and no place to him was humble.
There was nothing between him and the Big Holy.
The contact was immediate and personal and
the blessings of Wakan Tanka flowed over
the Indian like rain showered from the sky."

Luther Standing Bear (1868-1939)
Oglala Sioux Chief


No comments:

Post a Comment