Thursday 26 June 2014

At the look out

Two teenagers trying to find true love
Decided to check it out: thought to meet
To maybe take a chance: yes a chance
To see if love could blossom: romance?
I was embarrassed just a little bit you see
I used to have a crush on him: long before
So we were parked beside the mighty river
Up at the bridge lookout: in the dark
Looking to see if maybe there was a spark
I saw a beautiful shooting star passing by
Called out "did you see that shooting star?"
He must have thought I was fishing
Maybe even thought that I was wishing
For him to lean across: to begin kissing
He took the hint: so he was thinking too
But suddenly for me it was wrong and
Embarrassed I pulled away: tried to explain
I really did see a shooting star: it's true
That sparkle just wasn't there for me or you

No comments:

Post a Comment