Sunday 1 June 2014

Hold my hand

One thing I really miss
Along with the softest kiss
Is holding your hand
You used to hold my hand
Yes, as we walked along
Your grip felt so strong
But now it's gone and I do miss 
Hearing your voice, feeling your kiss
It's so sad you know my honey
That I have to go it all alone honey
Without you by my side
I would that we could glide
Yes I wish we could glide along
Maybe even sing a love song
To each other: like we used to do
Oh honey how I do miss you!

The other night I asked for you
To hold my hand for a minute or two
I felt like you were close to me
Wished I could maybe even see
Your smiling face again: but then 
As I recalled most painfully: when
I remembered that you were gone: really
Passed away: left me alone: ideally
I would still be able to have a chat
Know you were close by: imagine that!
Well I felt your grip upon my hand
Felt your loving touch: I understand
Knew you were close by
I don't really know why
But that is how it felt as I knelt to pray 
As I finally got my chance to say
I love you! I miss you! Wish I could
Hug you, hold you, and kiss you!


3 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry because of Your husband... :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Zim...it has been difficult to day the least. It will 3 months this coming Friday: 6 June. I've had my first birthday without him, my daughters first birthday without him just last week would have been our 35th wedding anniversary

      Delete
  2. I'm so sorry because of Your husband :(

    ReplyDelete