Monday 16 June 2014

Wax Dummy

Flat and lifeless like a doll
That's the feeling of being
Out of control: destitute: dull
Like everything just passes you by
I was feeling helpless: lost
Can you be "off" a roll?
Looking in the mirror I felt so...
Waxen, lifeless, sullen, incomplete
Yes I was lost without your presence
Like an empty shell: an empty husk
But now I feel alive again: at last!
Like I was someone else you ken?
The power of the universe surges
It pulls and tugs: relieves that drudge
That life had become: no taste sensation
No exuberance for anything
Just hanging on by my fingernails 
Barely making ends meet
I felt a little like Tim looked at the viewing
Pale and insignificant: grey and waxen
Lifeless, humourless, changed by grief
Yes like someone had taken it all
No matter how brief the time lost
Still I am suffering that cost
I need to work at being happy
Need to let my troubles go
For tomorrow is coming and I cannot let it go!

No comments:

Post a Comment