Friday 6 June 2014

Big River blues

Sitting in my car waiting for you
My heart is broken: feeling blue
The mighty river flows on by
I am crying again: don't know why
I was here a year or two ago
Feeling sad at letting another go
Tonight I feel so down and lost
Remembering loved ones most
You know how hard it is right now
To pick up the pieces: get up and bow
I feel like I'm sinking down below
The river calls me as she flows
"Just like I run to meet the sea
Know that life goes on for you and me!"
Remember to keep your love alive
Fill up the broken hearts with love
Yes, just as I must chase the waves
So you must continue to grieve
Then one day as time goes on 
Your heart will heal, you will go on
Truth is the daughter of time 
Time heals all wounds: is sublime
Let love and laughter finally pool
For if you follow these golden rules
God heals the broken-hearted
Keeps love alive for the departed
God promises to never let us grieve 
Anymore than we can bear: believe 
In His promises with all your heart and soul 
For heaven awaits you 'ere you fall

No comments:

Post a Comment