Wednesday 25 June 2014

Sniff and pee

Amy drove up to Berri with me
Handled the car trip beautifully
She must have thought it weird
To check out her old home: tranquilly
It's been almost four months since then
She's become a city dog you see
Getting used to staying in the back yard

Waiting around all day long for me
She's made a new friend in Chilla
Had to spend a few days with Violeta
Wondering if I'd ever come back
She's a timid little thing and I admit
There are times when she is taken aback
I suppose she gets sad and lonely too
Wondering what the heck is happening? 
Wouldn't you? As she is taken from here to there
Then back again: poor little thing!
But one thing I have seen: the "sniff and pee"
The usual little doggy trick she uses too
Checks out the yard: every inch of it!
Sniffing the grass to check every little bit
Has there been any other dog or cat on it?
Then once she's checked the whole yard
She adds her little bit to it: scents abound
Any where my little dog gets around!




No comments:

Post a Comment