Wednesday 1 July 2015

A crown of stars

My Lord has promised me
A crown of stars...
To guide me ever nearer
He has never been afar
He has already paid my price
Will not His love suffice?
I am blessed beyond belief
For He has raised me up
He has given me everything
Is He not my precious king?
The tears He shed for my sins...
The blood He shed to bring me in...
Are these not enough?
Are these jewels so dearly given?
To be wasted...
No...I am already forgiven...
He grants to me these precious robes
Takes away my blood red clothes...
Enfolds me within His loving arms
Ah my Lord...my tears do flow
How can I ever thank you?
How can I ever let you know?
Just how much your precious love...
Sent from my Father in heaven above...
Means to this sinful heart...here below
Your cross on Calvary...I cry
For I know how much I hurt you Lord
I know my sins were heavy and cruel
Yet you took my place...
You gave your grace...
To cover even me
Yes you covered even me...
Thank you for saving me...
Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment