Sunday 19 July 2015

Black and whtite

If we see everything as
Black and white...
Are we forgetting that?
It all depends upon...
Our own vision, our own sight...

What about the other colours
The in betweens...
Sometimes it is this distinction
That falls apart at the seams
Our own folly, our own slight...

Grey zones are fine if you look
At the other end of that crook
Creamy rather than pure white
Ah what a magnificent sight...
Our eyes deceive us in the light

How should one choose to view?
This life that wends its wavy path
I prefer to give everyone the benefit
Of the doubt: give them a chance
To show their true colours

Neither black nor white is best
I would rather put it to the test
Allow everyone to show...
Just how far they will actually go
To prove them worthy in my sight

I used to see myself as the black sheep
I used to value myself too little...
But now after many long years: many tears
I prefer to see myself, rather as my Lord does...
As the white sheep of the family

No comments:

Post a Comment