Sunday 19 July 2015

Dedication

It has been almost 28 years
Since I decided to be reborn
Almost 28 years since I gave
My life to The Lord above...
Though my life has been
A roller coaster ride...
It is with great love I wish 
To dedicate my life again
On the 19th of December
In the year of our Lord 1987 AD
I was immersed in water
I was reborn in love...
I only wanted to be forgiven
Only wanted to be loved...
The peace that came was 
A blessing to be sure...
And yet, did my life change?
Did it get any easier to bear?
Life went on as it always had
But something within me changed
I felt a peaceful belonging
I felt a grace beyond compare...
For I knew that no matter what
Life would throw at me
I knew that I was never alone
I knew that He would always be there...

Though Satan renewed his onslaught
Though he tried to bring me down...

In my heart I knew of God's promise
The promise of that unearthly crown
Though I was still a sinner
Though I was but a worthless piece
Jesus was then my comforter, my winner
I was shown the beauty of His release

I want to be reborn again
I want to be cleansed anew
I need to find my salvation
I need to make my peace
For all the times I've doubted
For all the things I've said and done
I know that Jesus is my saviour
With His blessed aid
I will remain strong...
I will not fall; nor come undone...

Thank you Lord for loving me...



No comments:

Post a Comment