Sunday 12 July 2015

Thank you my friend Amy

Thank you for being my trusted friend
Thank you for loving me till your end
My precious little hairy best friend
I will miss you but now as I send...
You off to your peaceful rest
I know you loved with all your heart
Of our family you were a precious part
I remember the day of your birth
3rd of June 2001, Vanessa was there
She helped you take your first breath of air
Poor Kia was at a loss, didn't know what to do
You were her very first puppy too
Over the years we grew closer and closer
You followed me everywhere...my shadow
If I was outside, you would be too
If was at my computer, you were at my feet
If I was cooking, it was the kitchen for you
If I went out for the day...you waited patiently
You always knew when I was due home
Waiting at the front door for me to come
When you had your epileptic fits
I'd hold you close till it was the end if it
You trusted me with your precious life
I could do anything and you were fine
I remember our long country walks
You and Kia would have to tag along
Eager to run about in the sunshine
Tails wagging with excited delight
Ah those rabbits always gave you a run
You loved the chase but never caught one
Remember those beautiful sunsets?
We would sit and stare for ages
You and Kia sitting close together
Tails entwined...my yin and yang
Ah these precious memories I cherish
'Tis such a shame we all have to perish
But from dust we were created
And back to the earth we all are fated
Thank you my precious little friend
For loving me until your inevitable end


No comments:

Post a Comment