Sunday 20 December 2015

28 years ago today

28 years ago today 
I was born again
I gave up my old self
Surrendered to my Lord
The old me was gone 
Left beneath the water 
The new me rose up...
A clean heart I sought 
A new life He bought 
I wanted to be free 
From that other 
Sinful me...
My dear Lord promised 
My dear Lord saved me 
To the cross on Calvary 
He took everything you see
All of my past 
All of my pain
All of that old me
He cleansed for me...
Yet still I am not perfect
Yet still I am His sheep
For this is His promise
My heart He is to keep...
My heart and soul are His
My feet He leads 
Along the narrow path 
His light shines for me 
Though I have wandered 
Though I have been lost 
My Lord has paid my cost
His blood has washed me clean 
By the waters...His tears 
I am born again in truth
For the old me is gone 
That sad and sorry youth 
Pardoned, freed, redeemed
He took away my shame 
I thank the Lord: He came 
Today, I praise His holy name
Thank you Lord for saving me

19 December 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment