Tuesday 8 December 2015

The adventure of life

If the adventure of life is to learn
Then I am always ready to know
More and more about this earth
And all about heaven above I love

If the purpose of life is to grow
Then I have grown: I make it known
From childhood to now: my dear Lord
Have I grown spiritually more than enough?

If the nature of life is to change
Then God has seen me evolve
From babe in arms through hardship
To the woman He has made of me in love

If the challenge in life is to overcome
Then through Him that's what I have done
Overcome adversity to climb up on high
Reaching up to touch blessed blue skies

If the essence of life is to care
Lord knows I've done my fair share
Raising my family to the best of my ability
Tending to all who come along: giving stability

If the opportunity of life is to serve
Then Lord please deal with me as I deserve
For I know those who serve Thee in love
Will be transported to heaven above

If the secret of life is to dare
Then allow me your love to share
Give me the power to spread your word
Until it is all over the known world

If the spice of life is to befriend
Then Lord you know all those I defend
My works are all opened: have I atoned?
In the book of life your angels have shown

If the beauty of life is to give
Then have I not emptied myself to live
As you would have us all do my Lord
With faith and compassion and mutual accord

If the joy of life is to love
Then my dearest Lord up above
The gift of your Son: you gave for us all
Should be more than enough to answer your call 









No comments:

Post a Comment