Tuesday 22 December 2015

The desires of the heart

How often do we find another soul?
Who understands the way we feel...
Who speaks the words we want to hear...
Who seems to be the answer to prayer?
The yearning of the heart may be a whisper
Sent out into the infinite universe
But who actually hears its song?
Does the universe ever deliver?
That soul mate: that kindred spirit...
The one with whom you get along...
That one who hears your silent cries...
Does their heart sing that very same song?
How does the heart keep on beating?
How does the soul keep on soaring?
How does the time pass by: ah I cry!
When will it be that special time for me?
How will I know which way I am to go?
I send my questions up into the skies
Asking the Lord of the universe to provide
Does the Lord of the universe ever hear?
Take pity upon the crying heart?
Does He hear that tiniest whisper?
Does He see your silent tears?
Yes: I do believe that He delivers 
That kindred spirit once upon a time
For: has he not promised he will deliver
That very thing: the desires of your heart...


No comments:

Post a Comment