Sunday 13 December 2015

It's not the distance that tells who friends are

If a picture tells a thousand words
Here; is a blessed story...
A post card and letter sent from 
Far away across the seven seas
Obviously a treasured picture
A dream of things to come 
"El Fena Square in Marrakech"
I remember him telling me 
About the picture you see
He stuck it there in full view
Dreaming that one day soon 
He would travel there: and see
The place he'd only dreamt of...
I sent him my book of poetry 
In return he sent me this...
In his letter he thanked me
For:  my friendship and more
We'd talked about religion 
We'd chatted like old friends 
Exchanged information...
A blessed relationship ensued
Now, I have his treasure...
This postcard that he loved 
Sitting here; in pride of place 
Better than mere words...
Though we may never meet 
I imagine his sweet face 
Telling me; of his dreams 
Of living in a better place 
Taking care of his family 
Dreaming of better days 
Peace and understanding 
For all the human race...

No comments:

Post a Comment