Wednesday 16 December 2015

Christmas cards and such

Christmas cards...I used to send them religiously
But now I realise something: honestly: to me
It's just another part...of spending money...
It's not about how many cards you get, you send
I would rather send Christian cards with Jesus: see
For me it all about Him, His birth, life, death: in Galilee
For me it's not about the presents; it's not about the tree
It's all about God's gift to us: His children: His precious seed
Have you ever actually thought about God's gift?
Have you considered it? Thoroughly? Honestly?
The gift of salvation! The gift of eternal life! Truly!
What better more precious gift could anyone give?
I found this old list from many years ago...
All about the friends I keep close to my heart you know
This has always been my thinking: my motto...
The names upon the list are people in my heart: so
To be continued...
I have a list of folks I know all written in a book and
Every year at Christmas time I go & have a look and
That is when I realize that these names are a part
Not of the book they're written in but of my very heart!
For each & every name stands for someone whose path
Touched mine & then left such a print of friendship that
I want to touch again: while it sounds fantastic that I want
To make this claim: I really feel we are composed of each remembered name!
So never think my Christmas cards are just mere routine
Of names upon a Christmas list forgotten in between
For when I send a Christmas card that is addressed to you
It's because you're on that list of folks I am indebted to!
Every year when Christmas comes I realize anew
The biggest gift life can give is meeting folks like you
May the spirit of Christmas that forever & ever endures
Leave its richest blessings in the hearts of you & yours!
Sent to me in a Christmas card many years ago!
The ones that touch your heart are more important
Than any present you could get or give...
Remembering good times past, friendship and laughter
Are the things that make my Christmas season live!

No comments:

Post a Comment