Saturday 26 December 2015

Human nature

What is it about human nature?
What is it about human hearts?
We go through our lives 
Without a doubt...
Until one day we begin to question
One day we need to find out
We ask ourselves
We ask the universe
Is this all there is?
Is there nothing else?
Have I wasted all of my time?
Have I been on the wrong track?
Is there something missing?
Is there something that I lack?
There must come a time
In everybody's life
When there is a crisis
An ending: a new beginning
A parting of ways maybe
A new horizon to attack
Have you run out of stepping stones?
Have you reached the end of the line?
Is there no more railway track?
No more sunshine?
Ah Lord I'm at the crossroads
I am looking back and forth...
I am looking left and right
But which is my direction?
Which is my new path?
I am here to check the weighbridge
I am here to find that link
Somewhere between...
The sunrise and the sunset
I must sit and ponder
Must sit, pray and think...
Lead me Lord: please guide me
Please light the blessed way
For I am lost beside the roadside
I am seeing a narrow way
And I do not know what I must do
I do not know what I must think
So as I place one foot before the other
As I take one more step and say
You are the only voice my saviour
You are the only choice I make
Please let me lift up my eyes Lord
Please guide me ever nearer for Thy sake






No comments:

Post a Comment