Monday 14 December 2015

But Lord what will I say?

How many times have I been given a message?
From my precious heavenly Father...
Asked to go and do something for Him?
In my simplicity and my ardour
I have answered, ready to go forth...
Yet have began to question myself...
He asked me to go to the editor
Of our local newspaper it's true
Surrender up those words he'd given me
Share them with the populace around
My doubts came forward quickly...
"But Lord...how can I go and do?"
I overcame my fears, my nerves: you know
I spoke of my dearest Lord...

It became easier the second time
When he asked me to take all those words
Have them printed up in booklet form...
I was driving to the Barossa Valley...
Just next to Lindsay Park upon that hill
It was raining heavily...
I said out loud in my fear and misery
"But Lord...I don't have a cover photograph!"
The rain stopped falling immediately
The clouds parted: out came the sun
I got my cover photograph...
It was that quickly done...
At the printers that very day, I entered
As nervous as can be...
For I knew I had no money
With which to get that printing done...
I asked the questions, gave the words
Walking out the door I had to say
"But Lord...I don't have the funds!"
His reply: those words within my head
"The Lord will provide!"
I went about my work for weeks
Did my phone banking regularly
Exactly 2 weeks later on...
My account was in credit by $275
The exact amount I needed was in there!
I went to collect the first 50 books
Ready to pass them to all I knew!
Even before this time...
A few years before actually...
I had cried out unto my Lord...
I apologised to my dearest Lord
For being useless to both Him and my family
He said back then...
On the 8th of May 2010
He could use me...
Of course my answer began with those same words
"But Lord...what will I say?"
His reply: "I will give you the words!"
So I have gone on since that blessed day
When feeling less than adequate to everyone
I have trusted in my precious heavenly Father...
Have done as I was bid...
Though afraid, fearful of rejection...
Knowing I am but a simple human being...
I have answered His great call...
Yes, I have faltered!
Yes, I have doubted!
Yes, I have slipped!
Yes I have gone backwards!
I am after all: a simple human being
Of myself I am nothing!
But...through Him...
Through His almighty power...
Through my Lord and saviour...
I can do all things...
For has He not said...
"The Lord will provide!"

No comments:

Post a Comment