Monday 14 December 2015

Head upon my shoulder

My tears were flowing
I was walking blindly on
Trying to escape my torment
Desperately upset, forlorn
My feet were wandering 
My heart wildly beating too
My sobs gut wrenching...
I needed comforting by you...
I felt a weight upon my shoulder
It was such a blessed surprise
Dear old Red never came willingly
We always had to chase him down
But this time he was my companion
This time he understood my mood
Red was my blessed comforter
Sent by my dearest Lord...
His hooves almost trod upon my heels
As he placed his heavy head there
Yes, there upon my shoulder
He laid his great big head...
We walked together, red dust all around
The only thing I could hear...
Our breathing: our footsteps on the ground
My little feet silent: his hooves so loud...



No comments:

Post a Comment