Wednesday 16 December 2015

Scuba bubbles

This heatwave has been a real scorcher
The days unbearable: so terrible it's true
The beach was the only cool place to be
That's exactly what I'm telling you...
The peace of the reef was calling 
The cooling waves: serenading me
"Come and swim in the cooling water
Come and check out the fish galore"
So I walked right in and swam out
Away from that busy, crowded shore...
The waves were pushing against me
But I continued swimming anyway
Finally I could hear the reef calling
That distinct, amazing crackling sound
Only closer to the reef could I find it
No where else does it appear: that sound
I swam toward the old anchor
Knowing it was close at hand
Saw an orange starfish: clinging
Fish welcoming me as I went on
Many and varied swimmers playing 
Around the rocks beneath the sea
Waves crashing over the rock ledges
Swirling, splashing: crashing over me
Two scuba divers swam deep below me
Enjoying the peaceful depths below
One day I would love to join them
But today I was snorkelling far above
Their bubbles ascending in cascades
I continued on toward the jetty
Hundreds of fish congregated there
All massed around the pylons
I couldn't help but stare...
Two more scuba divers were emerging
From that underwater gloom...
Watching their manoeuvres 
I enjoying their massive bubbles
Shooting up toward the surface
I swam above those bubbles
Catching them with glee
Felt a little childish but...
Nobody was there watching me
It was an amazing experience 
Watching all those bright shiny bubbles
Come flying up at me...
Millions of popping bubbles
All creating a popping spree...
Some were like upended saucers
Some were huge and round you see
Crystal clear and sparkling 
Breaking up all around me...
Bubbles, millions of bubbles
Rising up from beneath the cool dark sea...










No comments:

Post a Comment