Friday 8 July 2016

How can we miss something we have never had?

How can we miss something we have never had?
Life is difficult at best, we need to be thankful for each moment we are given. Who knows when our time here on earth may end...
Do we know when our time will be up? No! How could we?
Each and every day is a gift! A beautiful present! A blessing!
As we grow older we may feel let down by people, by circumstances, by our own attitude to happenings in our lives...
How can we tell if we are happy? Only by judging our life by what has passed before... If we never appreciate what is right in front of our eyes...If we are always waiting for something better to come along...How can we actually appreciate what we do have?
I used to think that life would get better one day...
One day...What is "one day"? Is it some magical day that might arrive if we are good enough? If we pass some test?
Is it the next good day that comes to pass; somewhere along the track...
While we are waiting for it to come along...we are missing the beautiful events that are happening right in front of our eyes...
The beautiful sunrise that creeps through our closed curtains...
The gentle breeze whispering through the trees...
The quiet hush of a peaceful moon rise...
The sweet laughter of our children...
A powerful thunderstorm raging above us...
A bird serenading the coming of spring...
Blessed rain pattering upon our rooftops...
The love of a good man or woman...
The blessing of a family...
The gift of friendship...
Why do we go about our lives not appreciating the many gifts we are given?
Why do we go about being angry with our lot?
Why do we envy others their lives?
Why do we evaluate life by things?
So many questions...
So many difficult times...
I am thankful to still have my parents...
I don't know how much longer it will be...
I am thankful that I am alive and well...
I am thankful for my children and grandchildren...
I am thankful for my friends and church family...
I am thankful for each new day I am given...
I am thankful for the love in my life...
I am thankful for the sun that shines...
I am thankful for the rain that falls...
I am thankful for the simple blessings each and every day...
I am thankful for the Sabbath day that comes each week...
Thank you Lord for giving me your blessed Son
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment