Monday 25 July 2016

Renew my spirit

Feeling lost and alone
I know my Lord
For my sins I need to atone
I need to come closer
Nearer my God to Thee
For I have wandered 
So very far from Thee
Please renew my spirit
Please guide me along
For I am weak Lord
You; my dear one are strong
I know that I have slipped
I know I have fallen down
I feel like I am despised
Have lost sight of
My heavenly crown
Satan ever dances
Right before my eyes
Tantalising; teasing; gloating 
Saying I have no chance
But I know my Lord is stronger
I know my Lord is wise
How much more am I loved
Than I am truly despised...
I must crawl back towards Him
I must turn my eyes upon my Lord
I must take His word as promised
I must be the one to step forward
Though he knocks upon my door
It is up to me to open wide
For as everyone surely knows
My heart's door handle is on the inside...



No comments:

Post a Comment