Friday 1 July 2016

Into the creek

Beautiful scenery; bush land haven
Rain showers; sprinkling softly in the sun
Sounds of water falling; peace reigns
A few birds calling; kookaburras in flight 
We followed the narrow path upwards
Beside the trickling stream: what a team
Joyously we traipsed along: feeling alive
The waterfall was such a beautiful sight 
I heard it calling: "come across; look higher"
We stood upon those dampened rocks
Staring; totally enthralled: nature called
We turned to cross back over the stream
Almost to the other side: my feet slipped
I fell; can you not tell; it was so very cold
How could I have been so very bold?
Easy to see: the waterfall beckoned me
I laughed out loud at the thought
How would I look; half dunked: waterlogged
My shoes squelched: as he lifted me free
My dear friend: concerned for me...


No comments:

Post a Comment