Sunday 24 July 2016

This is how I feel

Torn in two
Between my Lord and you 
My love feels enlivened 
Yet this pain 
Makes my heart feel divided
This is how I feel
Torn in two; for you
Bring me such joy; still
I am beset
Am I lost and yet
I am just now; found
That lost little girl
Has finally come around
She has been silenced
Her tears; her fears
Stilled at last
Letting go of her past
Shredding all the papers
Is like jettisoning the vapours
I'm free-falling 
A hole in my parachute
Will you still catch me?
Hold me up; balance me?
As I teeter; fall
You have become my all
My reason for living 
Your love you are giving 
Your trust in me; I believe
You; I will not deceive
But; am I deceiving myself?
Where am I headed?
In this earthly life
Will there be strife?
Smooth sailing is a dream
Life is never straight forward
It is a curved path I tread...
This is how I feel right now
Away from you
But when we’re together
I am so ‘in love’
So happy; joyful; beaming
Must I be?
Constantly questioning my choices?
Do I really need to listen?
To all of these small voices
The world calls; will I heed it?
My hands work; bleed; do I not feel it?

No comments:

Post a Comment